HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017: RESOLUTIONS
1. Whatever happened, happened for the good. Whatever is happening, is happening for the good. Whatever will happen, will also happen for the good.
2. You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work.
3. Change is the law of the universe. You can be a millionaire, or a pauper in an instant.
4. The soul is neither born, and nor does it die
5. You came empty handed, and you will leave empty handed.
6. Lust, anger and greed are the three gates to self-destructive hell.
7. Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.
8. When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a lamp in a windless place.
9. There is neither this world, nor the world beyond. nor happiness for the one who doubts.
10. We’re kept from our goal not by obstacles, but by a clear path to a lesser goal.
11. A person can rise through the efforts of his own mind; or draw himself down, in the same manner. Because each person is his own friend or enemy.
January 1, 2017 (New Year’s Day)
New Year’s Day, also called simply New Year’s or New Year, is observed on January 1, the first day of the year on the modern Gregorian calendar as well as the Julian calendar. In pre-Christian Rome under the Julian calendar, the day was dedicated to Janus, god of gateways and beginnings, for whom January is also named. As a date in the Gregorian calendar of Christendom, New Year’s Day liturgically marked the Feast of the Naming and Circumcision of Jesus, which is still observed as such in the Anglican Church and Lutheran Church. In present day, with most countries now using the Gregorian calendar as their de facto calendar, New Year’s Day is probably the most celebrated public holiday, often observed with fireworks at the stroke of midnight as the new year starts in each time zone. Other global New Years’ Day traditions include making New Year’s resolutions and calling one’s friends and family.
(Sources : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year’s_Day)