FAQ for AADHAAR linking with ITD e-Filing website
1. What information do I need, to register Aadhaar in the ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: The only information that is required is a valid 12 digits Aadhaar number
2. How to register Aadhaar in the ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: Login to e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your login credentials and follow the procedure mentioned below If you had not attempted previously to link Aadhaar, then on login, a popup will appear to provide the Aadhaar number. Provide the Aadhaar in the given field, input the captcha image in the required field and click “Link Now” or
If you had attempted linking Aadhaar previously and the linking had failed, you may attempt to link once again by following these steps: Post login > Profile Settings > ‘Link Aadhaar> Enter your 12 Digit ‘Aadhaar’ Number > Enter the Captcha > Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to link with your PAN.
3. Unable to link Aadhaar as the error states “Please enter a valid Aadhaar Number”
Answer: This could be on account of an invalid Aadhaar number. You may please contact UIDAI Helpdesk 1800-300-1947 for updating AADHAAR CARD database related queries. Note: You can even login to https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
4. Unable to link Aadhaar as the error states “Identity data Mismatch”
5. What are the benefits of linking Aadhaar in ITD e-Filing website?
Answer: Once Aadhaar-PAN linking is completed, you would be able to…
- e-Verify your return using Aadhaar, provided your mobile number is registered with Aadhaar.
- Enable e-Filing Vault – You can secure your e-filing account as well as ‘Reset password’ functionality from any unauthorized activity.
6. Whose Aadhaar number has to be linked in the HUF/Corporate login?
Answer: Aadhaar number of Principal person / karta is required to be linked of Corporate/HUF login as they are the persons competent to verify the returns/statements under the Income Tax Act. .
7. How to reset password through Aadhaar option in e-Filing website for an Individual user?
Answer: If Aadhaar number is linked in e-Filing website user can select reset password through Aadhaar. An OTP will be sent to the Aadhaar registered mobile number and the user need to enter this OTP to reset password for e-Filing log-in.
8. What is Validity of OTP sent from Aadhaar database?
Answer: Aadhaar OTP will be having 15 minutes validity period from the time of its generation.
9. How to check Aadhaar number is linked for HUF/non-Corporate (Other than Company) user in e-Filing website?
Answer: Login to e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with HUF/Non-corporate login credentials and follow the procedure mentioned below Post login > Profile Settings > Click on ‘Link Aadhaar’ to view Aadhaar linking status of Karta/Principal contact Person
10. Is it mandatory to link Aadhaar number in e-Filing profile?
Answer: Linking of Aadhaar is not mandatory in e-Filing website.
11. What if user is not getting Aadhaar OTP to his registered mobile number?
Answer: You may contact UIDAI Helpdesk 1800-300-1947.
12. Unable to link Aadhaar number in e-filing website post updation of pan/aadhaar data base
Answer: You may try linking the Aadhaar after few days.
13. De – Linking of AADHAAR Number in e-Filing Website
Answer: There is no option available to De-link the Aadhaar number which is already linked in e-Filing website.
14. How to change mobile number registered in Aadhaar database?
Answer: You will be required to contact UIDAI Helpdesk 1800-300-1947 for updating AADHAAR database
15. How to change Wrong Aadhaar number updated in e-Filing profile?
Answer: You may contact UIDAI to update your personal particulars with the correct Aadhaar number.
16. How to e-verify the Income tax return through Aadhaar OTP?
Answer: GO TO Login to e-Filing website: https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with your login credentials and follow the procedure mentioned below. Post uploading your Return- Go to My Account > e-Verify Return > Click on ‘e-Verify’ link select option ‘I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify my return’ > Enter the 6 digit alphanumeric OTP received on the mobile Number communicated by Aadhaar to e-Verify your return.
Note: Before opting for this option, confirm that your Aadhaar Number is linked with your PAN.
17. Unable to e-verify the return with the Aadhaar for HUF/non-Corporate user?
Answer: First, the Principle contact details of the HUF/Non-Corporate will have to be updated with the correct signatory PAN by following the steps given below: Login with HUF/Non-Corporate login credentials. Click on ‘Profile Settings’ > My Profile> Update Principle Contact> enter the new Principle Contact PAN and contact details.
To e-verify the HUF/Non-corporate returns, the PAN of the Kartha/Principle contact has to be linked to their Aadhaar in the individual capacity.
18. Is it mandatory to enter Aadhaar number to fill in ITR forms, if it’s linked in e-Filing profile?
Answer: No it’s not mandatory.
19. Procedure for e-verification through Aadhaar (Non Corporate)
Answer: EVC has to be pre-generated by the principal contact through their person’s e-Filing login. The steps are, My Account >e-verify > “I would like to generate Aadhaar OTP to e-Verify the Form”, provided the principal contact has linked PAN with Aadhaar.