As per the recent updates on the GST portal, a new facility given is to the registered person to withdraw the registration cancellation application filed in Form GST REG-16.
Main condition imposed for the withdrawal is that the *proper officer should not have initiated any action against the cancellation application filed by the taxpayer.*
Prior to the withdrawal of the cancellation application, it is important to track the status of the cancellation application by login http://www.gst.gov.in, go to Services > Registration > Track Application Status, enter ARN
A Registered person is required to file an application in Form GST REG-16 for cancellation of GST registration in following circumstances:
- Closure/ discontinuation of the business,
- Change in constitution resulting into the change of PAN,
- The registered person is not liable to pay tax under GST,
- The registered person is not required to register under GST,
- Post obtaining voluntary registration, the registrant didn’t commence the business within the stipulated time period, or
- Transfer of business on account of amalgamation or de-merger or sale.